Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Finally, Something Happened

No Riff Trax night tonight, so earlier this evening I decided to give my mom a call.
While I was on the phone someone started pounding on my door.
When I opened the door I was greeted by a delivery person from Papa John's who said, "Here's your pizza."
I didn't want to be a walking cliché, but given that I hadn't ordered a pizza, I had no choice but to say, "I didn't order a pizza."
She confirmed that this was the correct address, and I considered the notion that someone had played a prank on me, but that didn't really make any sense. I have even fewer enemies than I do friends, so who would pull a pizza prank on me?
However, when she tried to confirm the phone number, it wasn't mine, but it sounded vaguely familiar, and in an instant I had figured out what had happened. I set down the phone, then picked up my cell phone to look through my list of contacts to confirm it, but before I could, she said, "The name is Scott?"
Several Riff Trax nights ago, Scott and I ordered a pizza. As I had some coupons, we opted for Papa John's. I have an account on papajohns.com, but I couldn't remember my login for it, so Scott used his account and had it delivered here.
Obviously he had gone online tonight to order a pizza and had neglected to change the address back.
I explained this to the delivery person, and she asked, "Where does he live?" She rolled her eyes and sighed when I said, "Manassas," and said, "Well, I guess we'll be giving him a call."
To give him a head's up - and, more importantly, to laugh at him - I called Scott and said, "Good luck getting your pizza," and then explained it all to him.
It's a good thing I'm not a dick, otherwise, when I figured out what was going on, I would have said, "Oh, right; the pizza that I definitely did order! Thanks!" After all, I was pretty hungry at the time...
Still, I think I was better served by gaining something to blog about.

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Meh, you know I wouldn't have cared if you had taken the pizza. They called about 5 minutes after you did and "canceled" the order. We'll see about that. The next pizza I ordered took about 30 minutes to get to our house, so we didn't loose out on that much.