Monday, September 10, 2007

Not Much Going On

There hasn’t been much going on in my life during this calm before the storm that will be moving into my new house.
Last week my Realtor called to ask if I’d be willing to hold off on moving in for a couple of days after the closing. As it turns out, the lady I’m buying the house from will be closing on her new house that same day, so she probably won’t be able to get moved out fast enough for me to be able to move in.
It’s not a big deal, as I took that weekend off to be sure to have time to deal with the moving, and I don’t actually have to be out of here until the 30th.
Speaking of selling homes, it looks like my mom has managed to sell hers (via land contract). That’s the closing of a pretty big chapter.
Looks like my contribution to the Mona Lisa meme has generated a little bit of traffic, but none of the newcomers is bothering to stick around (or comment), which is pretty much the way it always goes whenever I have some new traffic generator. Oh well.
I haven’t gotten a call from Best Buy yet to let me know if my TV is in or not. It was supposed to be in on Thursday. I tried calling today, but there was no answer. I would just swing by to get it, but I want to have someone (Brian) go with me to pick it up so that I don’t have to try lugging it up the steps by myself. Honestly, I should just see if I can wait until I’m moved to pick it up. I’ll try calling them again at some point, I guess.
In addition to working on The Mona Latex, I spent much of yesterday working on another picture, which I finished today, but am reluctant to post because, well, it’s sort of bland and pointless.
Basically I was just doodling yesterday when I hit upon an effect that was too cool to not put to use, so I tried to build a picture around it. The result looks okay, but…well, I’ll think about it some more and decide whether or not I’m going to post it.
As for this entry, while I was working on the picture I spent too much time leaning on my left arm, so now it feels stiff and unresponsive, and my left hand doesn’t want to cooperate with my attempt to type, so I guess that’ll do it for now.

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

That's what you get for dealing with Best Buy. They have the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with, and you know who I work for. Get used to what's happening now, because it's not going to be the last time they jerk you around. Bah, a pox on Best Buy!