Sunday, September 09, 2007

See What I Meme?

Drawn! The Illustration and Cartoon Blog has a Mona Lisa meme going, and I decided to join in.
So I present my first (and I'm sure there will be people who hope that it's my last) contribution to an Internet meme: The Mona Latex.



(Okay, it will be my first contribution once I'm able to click on the comments link on Drawn! without getting some sort of error. How do these things know to break exactly when I want to make use of them? Update: Done, though it took a lot more time and effort than it really should have.)

3 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Classy! Looks like a cross between Mona Lisa and your personal creation whose name escapes me and I can find no mention of in your blog or your Zazzle gallery. Why aren't you showing her the love?

BTW, going back through your archives using the tag "pictures" showcases how truly talented you are. I wish I could produce images half as good as those you've posted.

Jon Maki said...

The name you're looking for is Fontaine, and it's true, I haven't drawn her in a while. I might have to do something.
Stop with the compliments; I may blush.
And on a totally unrelated note, the actual Iron Man trailer is out now, rather than just cell phone captures of the footage shown at Comic Con
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Merlin T Wizard said...

I knew I was close. I have just got to think of cheese and water fountains and I'll get it next time. ;)