Friday, December 01, 2006

And While I'm At It...

Since I'm posting videos, I might as well post this one featuring singer Regina Spektor.
I watched it the other day because Michelle Collins posted it on bestweekever.tv and ever since it's been burrowing its way deeper and deeper into my consciousness.
When it comes to music it's extremely easy for a song or a melody or a hook to imprint itself on my brain.
For example, after seeing the video for it exactly one time I got the "lalalalalalalala" from Kylie Minoque's song Can't Get You Out of My Head permanently burned into my brain, making me quite literally unable to get it out of my head. To this day, if you say "Kylie Minoque" at me, what do you suppose I'll hear in my head? I'll give you a hint: I'm hearing it right now.
That is, until I think about this:



Apart from the fact that part of this gets stuck in my head to the point of being maddening, I don't have any particularly strong feelings about this song one way or another. She's got an okay voice, and while it's kind of annoying, and maddening, the vocal hook is rather catchy (which is what makes it so maddening).
I have to say that physically she looks sort of like a combination of Tori Amos and Fiona Apple, but maybe that's just me.
In any case, here's hoping your brains end up just as full of her evilly-catchy chorus as mine is.
(Speaking of bestweekever.tv and posts by Ms. Collins, though, check out this entry. The clip itself is hilarious, but if you look in the comments, you might see a familiar name...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She can pretty much shut the hell u-u-u-u- up

Anonymous said...

wait.. except for the gigantic colored chalk covered titties. Thats pretty sweet.

Unknown said...

I loved that video... sort of hated the song though. She sounded familiar, and it wasn't until I downloaded the CD that I realized that I already had it. "Samson" is a better song, and that's what I originally got it for. Thanks for reminding me of her, she's pretty decent.

Since I am living in a house with a piano downstairs... am going to run down for a little bit and try to plunk out some Nick Cave.