Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Gospel Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Wired has an interview with Bobby Henderson, famous for introducing the world to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, though for some reason it doesn't seem possible to link directly to the story, so you'll have to just find it. Sorry.
My favorite bit:

Henderson: I think it's just because they have a better understanding of what
the ID nuts are trying to do. I think part of it is that the science community,
itself, is pretty quiet about the issue. Their strategy is to ignore the
"debate" so that the ID people don't get the forum.
WN: Do you think that's a mistake?
Henderson: Yeah, totally. They need to be out there calling these
people retarded all the time. Nonstop. The ID people are winning because the
scientists think if they ignore the issue, it will go away. Plus, I'm sure it
would be therapeutic to make fun of the ID people. I think it's pretty amazing
that these people without scientific backgrounds -- or really any education at
all -- think they have the right to decide the science curriculum. And it blows
my mind that they are getting away with it.


I just love the idea of calling supporters of ID retarded all the time.

No comments: