Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Does This Excite You? Not Really, But The Monty Python Thing Is Cool

I didn’t get much sleep last night – seriously, if someone out there has a Voodoo fetish doll of me and is sticking it with pins when I’m trying to sleep, knock it the hell off – so the odds that I’ll post anything coherent or in any way meaningful are even worse than they are when I’m well-rested.
So, in lieu of an actual post, please to enjoy the following video clips.

Does this excite you? No, but it does make me laugh (and kind of skeeves me out):


(Found via a comment thread at Slacktivist)

Note how bored the guy playing the organ looks, and watch for the little blonde kid who clearly can’t believe what he’s seeing during the seemingly impromptu musical number.
Whenever I hear/read about “glorified bodies,” I always picture people who look like the not-quite finished clones of Hank and Dean on The Venture Bros:



Also, I don’t really view losing my junk and turning into a Ken doll as “glorified.”
BTW, in the Left Behind books it’s stated that everyone in a glorified body is set physically at the age of 32 or 33. Sure, that’s a plus if you’re 60, but what if you’re, say, 21?

Why I love Monty Python:



(Found via Mark Evanier’s blog)

And finally, you had to know that the final Bush-era episode of The Daily Show would have some great moments. Watch the full episode here.

No comments: