Monday, April 20, 2009

Hardly Surprising

Not much new or exciting going on in the life of Jon, though that should hardly come as a surprise.
Today was pretty much a typical Monday, albeit the first one I've spent at work in a few weeks, though I suppose being at work rather than having it off is what made it a typical Monday.
Yesterday was mostly a typical Sunday, in that I talked to my mother, did the laundry, and generally spent the day dicking around and avoiding doing all of the other things I could have been doing with my time.
I did make banana bread, though.
I also decided that I was tired of hauling Munin back and forth from the "library" down to the "living room" - oh, wait; living room didn't need quotes - for Riff Trax Night. I started doing that simply because Munin is rather portable, and I had a tendency to forget to burn DVDs in advance, so why not just store the movies on Munin and haul it down and hook it up to the computer? Also, I have some files - MP4s - that Windows can't seem to burn, and which I haven't been able to find a program that can properly convert to a different format.
In any case, I realized that I should probably just use my Media Lounge to stream the videos to my TV, but in a lot of cases there tend to be audio problems with the streaming, so it wouldn't really be optimal. However, I decided to fire it up and see if maybe there was some kind of firmware update that might solve the problem. There was, and it did, so now Scott and I don't have to bother with moving Munin around.
It can't play MP4s, though, so at some point when we want to watch those movies we probably will have to haul Munin down. Oh well.
I had a dental check-up on Friday and it was decided that one of the teeth that was being "watched" needs a crown, so I have to go in and get that done tomorrow.
And that's about all that's new, and none of it is especially interesting.

No comments: