Saturday, February 23, 2008

More Awesomeness From Out Of The Cave

I did some additional YouTube spelunking and found some more Nick Cave awesomeness:

(Are You) The One That I've Been Wating For?


So I've sat and I've watched an ice age thaw...

Red Right Hand


You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan...

Breathless


Someone posted a video of himself doing a (not altogether bad) cover of this on YouTube, with the comment "OMG, the happiest song I know is by Nick Cave!" On the version of this song on the album, the flute work is rather more cacaphonous, sounding sort of like a 4th Grade Recorder recital, which I think adds a nice touch to the theme of breathlessness. Oh, and Nick Cave + Cute CGI Animals = Teh Awesome.

Hey Joe


Notable if only for what is probably the most famous song performed by the harmonica player accompanying him (though that really only adds to the existing awesomeness).

Loverman


L is for Love and O is for Oh yes I do...

I couldn't find a decent clip of People Ain't No Good, but there's lots of good stuff out there, for anyone interested.
Oh, and if you don't understand why any of this is awesome, the odds are you never will, so it would be pointless for me to try to offer any explanation.

No comments: