Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hey Look! A Threshold Post!

No, don't get your hopes up - my cable Internet connection is still out (this day 18).
I called in yet again today, doing the whole "irate customer at the limit of his patience" thing and, while getting another line of BS, learned that I've been getting nothing but lines of BS every time I've called.
I was informed that, contrary to what I was told before, there is no widespread outage, and, because there's no outage, no one is actually working on fixing it.
*Sigh*
So, once again tommorow, two weeks since the last time, I have the 10 hour window during which a technician will supposedly be arriving.
This time I can't actually sit and wait for the tech to not arrive - I have a training thing for work in the afternoon - so I, reluctantly, signed a key release at the leasing office to let the tech come in. Given that I'm sure he won't actually be coming here, I doubt that it's really an issue, but I don't like the idea of a stranger coming into my home when I'm not here.
The person I talked to claimed that she's put a note in the ticket that the tech is "not to leave until the problem is fixed." I'm sure that will work wonders.
In any case, that's how things stand here.
Sunday night I went to see Superbad with Brian and Kathleen and some of their friends at that new theater where Scott and I saw Stardust.
Holy. Freaking. God.
Funniest damn movie I've seen in a long time.
The only downside? I've never felt more like a pedophile in my life, thanks not only to the hot young girls in the movie, but some of the preternaturally developed hot young girls at the movie (damn farmers injecting everything with growth hormones, which find their way into the systems of developing young people).
For the record, all of the girls in the movie, despite how young they looked (Imagine, a movie about teens that starred people who actually look like teens.), are over 18. In fact, the one who looked the youngest is actually 23.
So that makes it slightly better, though still somewhat unsettling.
As the movie was starting, Kathleen asked me if I've ever written or thought about writing a screenplay, as she could see me writing something similar to Superbad.
I told her that I've never tried writing one, but that I have considered it.
Of course, that's only lately, and what's been kicking around in my head is not a teen sex comedy, but rather a biopic.
It's not something I'm likely to do - beyond my usual laziness and lack of motivation is the fact that this particular project would require a lot of researche and travel and and interviewing people, as the most readily-accessible information isn't sufficient to tell the whole story.
Even so, I'm not going to say who would be the subject of the movie, because if I'm not going to do it I don't want anyone else doing it either.
And no, it's not Jack T. Chick.
Anyway, I think that'll do it for this dial-update.

2 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Though you've got to admit, a biopic of the Chickster is far overdue. I'd love to see a tongue-in-cheek piece done with a British narrator. For some reason, they're much funnier with a stodgy British accent voice pointing out all the accomplishments in the most mundane fashion possible. That's probably my love for the Monty Python Show shining through, though. Just get it written and into Eric Idle's hands. That guy will do anything these days!

Anonymous said...

There are a few short films based on Jack Chick Tracts. You can find some on youtube or over at www.316now.com -- there are 9 short films based on actual Chick tracts at that site. "Bewitched?", "Cleo", "Doom Town", "Wounded Children", "Titanic", "Somebody Goofed," and "Party Girl". And a couple more. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them. I did.