Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Okay, So It DIDN'T Take The Rest Of My Life...

...but I'm not so sure I exceeded my usual standards, either, so I guess we're even.
Anyway, here is the picture I mentioned yesterday of Alessandra Ambrosio.
(I left it pretty big so as to not lose too much detail)



I'll leave it up to you to decide if I exceeded my usual standards, but I did put a lot of effort into it (I spent most of today working on her hair alone), and I think it turned out well.
Not quite so well as I might have hoped, but then if things were to go the way I hoped they would, Ms. Ambrosio would have come out of my screen in real life the same way she's doing in the picture.
(Not that it would do me any good if she did, as I'm sure her first order of business after getting out of the screen would have been to get the hell out of my condo and away from me. *Sigh*)
In any case, I think it's an interesting take on the whole Pygmalion concept.
Maybe I should have called this "Galatea."
(By the way, I don't actually draw directly on my monitor; that was just a bit of artistic license. In the original image that I worked from, some guy is touching up her lip gloss.)

No comments: