Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Choose Your Own Reality

So I was out like a light for two+ hours as soon as my head hit the pillow this morning.
Once I got up, I headed down to check my mail and found a note on my door from FedEx indicating that they'd tried to deliver my iPod Nano to me while I was sleeping.
In the clean, slightly cartoony version of reality I cried, "Curses! Foiled again!" in my best Snively Whiplash imitation.
(In the gritty, realistic version of reality I said,"Fuck!" in my best Urkel imitation, which is to say, my normal voice)
The note said that they will attempt to deliver it again tomorrow.
Of course, I won't be home for most of tomorrow, thanks to an all-day meeting, so I had to sign the little box on the note that says it's okay with me if they just leave the package at my door.
I'd really rather not do that, but I'm hoping that my neighbors will be reasonably honest and that there will be a Nano waiting for me when I get home.

No comments: