Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Night Departments Department

Just Ask Buddha Department:
Me:  Well, that's...enlightening.
Boss:  It's depressing.
Me:  Enlightenment often is.

Crossing the Memes Department:
Boss:  You are aMAZing!
Me:  Yeah yeah yeah...
Boss:  Oh, come on!  I just want you to know that you're a valuable asset to the team!
Me:  Look, you don't have to go all Courage Wolf on me.
Me:  Honestly, I think I'd prefer Insanity Wolf.

How Dare They Etnertain Me Department:
I was looking at the schedule of upcoming recordings on my DVR and saw that the new season is officially starting, and all the shows I watch are lined up to record.
This resulted in an exasperated sigh.

Time Doesn't Care If You're Having Fun or Not Department:
Given that I don't really do...anything, I'm often at a loss to understand how it is that I never seem to have any time.
So one night, as time was rushing past, I paused to think about it.
Because I hate dealing with traffic, I go in to work crazy early, usually arriving sometime between 6 and 6:30.  Given that experience has taught me that, regardless of how much or how little sleep I've gotten, the best time for me to work out in terms of motivation is in the morning before work, that means getting up every morning at 4:30.
Once I'm at work, I generally end up putting in at least 9 hours.  Even when my schedule is such that I have to stay until 5 - or later - I can't bring myself to go in in any later than I normally do.
Seriously, traffic is already bad enough at 5:30 in the morning.
So, factoring in the time invested in working out, showering, getting dressed, driving in to work, working for, typically, 9 and a half hours, and then driving home from work, I've generally eaten up at least 11 and a half hours of the day, and usually it's more than 12.
So, yeah.  That's why I don't have any time.

A Word from Brian Azarello.

No comments: