Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'm Gettin' Too Old For This Sh-

I hate to say it, but I may be getting to old to keep collecting comics.
Not because they're for kids, but rather because I was going through the effort of trying to get my collection organized today and my knees and back just can't take it.  Ouch.
I took a multi-phased approach to tackling the organizational challenge.  First I grouped all of the loose, unboxed comics together in series/alphabetical order, and then I shifted the contents of the boxes around to make room for the new additions.  This was the part that was painful.
It was also irritating, as I learned that I do not have enough boxes to contain everything.  It's not an immediate problem, as I have plenty of space on the spinner rack, but I had hoped to be able to box everything and then go back and make some specific decisions about which comics I want on the rack.
The other irritating thing was that several comics appear to be MIA.
There are major gaps in my collection, particularly from the years in which I lived nowhere near a comic shop, but in these particular cases the gaps shouldn't exist, as they're all from books I've bought within the past five years.
I'm sure they're all around somewhere - most likely out of order in the boxes - as I distinctly recall owning all of them, and seeing some of them within the last few weeks as went through the exercise of bagging and boarding everything.
That does mean, however, that I'll most likely have to sift through the boxes comic-by-comic in order to find them, which will not be a lot of fun.
Of course, I kind of have to do that anyway in order to ensure that I have everything entered into my database.
*Sigh*

But Then I Weren't Much Of A Poet* Department:
The (Former) Boss Lady:  Thx for the amazing gifts and for making another special picture for me.  It is so freaking cool to be a muse.
Me:  A Muse, huh?  Well, you're certainly not one of the Graces ;-)
T(F)BL:  LOL.  Shut up.

*The Department title comes from the Nick Cave song "There She Goes My Beautiful World"

I look at you, you look at me, and deep in our hearts, babe, we know it/That you weren't much of a Muse, but then I weren't much of a poet

No comments: