Monday, October 29, 2012

Times Change

There was once a time when I would have been pretty likely to be standing outside on a night like this, cigarette in one hand, a beer in the other, yelling at the wind and rain, "Is that the best you can do?  Is that all you've got?"
Now?  Not so much.
Still, I have to admit that there are times when I kind of miss that Jon of days past.
Not often, and not a hell of a lot, mind you, but even so...
In any case, I'm hoping everyone out there experiencing all that Hurricane Sandy has got and the best she can do are holding up all right, and that there aren't any people out there showing their contempt for the fury of nature - and for sensible behavior - the way I once might have.
For his part, contemporary Jon is doing okay.  Had a brief power outage early in the afternoon, but it came back and has (mostly) stayed on since then.

No comments: