Friday, February 24, 2012

What Could Go Wrong?

Whenever we’re going to be out of the office – whether for vacation or to work from home –  we send our boss an Outlook meeting request so that she’ll have it on her Calendar.

I’m working from home on Monday, and again on Friday, so while I was sending out the invites I thought I might as well kill three birds with…well, three stones, I suppose, but whatever, and send out the invite for my planned day off for my birthday.

My birthday is on a Friday the 13th this year, so I wrote up the invite as follows:

Subject:  Jon – OOO
Location:  Camp Crystal Lake
Message:  I’m heading up to Camp Crystal Lake for the weekend with my fellow hormone-addled camp counselors!  What could go wrong?

I don’t think she actually noticed…

3 comments:

lbugsh2 said...

She might have noticed but could not think of how to reply.

Jon Maki said...

I'm pretty sure she just blindly hit "Accept" on each invite without actually reading them.

Jon Maki said...

At this point, she pretty much has two "go-to" responses to everything I say:

1. You're hilarious.
2. You're an idiot.