Friday, September 30, 2011

Where - And WHEN - The Hell Am I?

I ventured out into the world this morning to do the sorts of things I do when I have a weekday off, which includes the sorts of things I normally do on Saturdays, such as heading to the comic shop.
When I walked in, I was greeted by the song "Photograph" by Def Leppard on the in-store music system.
That was immediately followed by "It's So Easy" by Guns -n- Roses, which was in turn follwed by some generic song by some generic 1980s' hair band.  Cinderella, or White Lion, or somesuch.
As I heard these songs that surely were included on some sort of K-Tel compilation - undoubtedly called something like "Monster Rock," containing, "45 of the hottest, hardest monster rock songs of today and yesterday!" - back in the day, I found myself wondering, "Did I just walk through some sort of time warp?  Am...am I sixteen again?"
Later, as I made my way through the obstacle course that is Costco, I heard various people saying things like, "Oh, yah," and "You betcha!" and "For cheap."
This led me to wonder, "Did I just travel through some sort of space warp?  Am...am I in Minnesota again?"

No comments: