Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whatever The Hell It Is I Do All Day

I'd set my alarm to go off 45 minutes earlier than usual this morning, as it had been my intention to get up and workout.
I like to get the workout out of the way in the morning so that, after getting all sweaty and nasty, I can get into the shower, wash the sweat and nastiness away, and then get on with doing whatever the hell it is I do all day and not have the prospect of working out looming over me while I do whatever the hell it is I do all day.
It is, however, pretty difficult to get motivated that early in the morning - not that it's any easier after a long day of doing whatever the hell it is I do - so when I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm was set to go off, I thought, "Screw that noise," reset my alarm for the usual time, and went back to sleep.
When I did get up, as I usually do, I headed over to close the window - I can't sleep with the A/C on as it gives me a headache, and even on the hottest of nights an open window and the ceiling fan help keep things cool enough for sleeping - but unlike most mornings, today, groggy and barely awake, I managed to slam the window shut on my pinky. I'm sure the fingernail will look great once it turns black...
Still, that sure as hell woke me the hell up.
After a long day of doing whatever the hell it is I do all day I came home and, reluctantly, did my workout, all the while wishing that I'd just gotten it over with in the morning.
Afterwards I decided to make a peanut butter smoothie. I'd made one the other day that turned out perfectly, with just the right flavor and texture.
Today's wasn't quite so perfect. Good texture and consistency, but the flavor was a bit off.
I decided to drink it while watching some recorded TV, and, walking into the living room, moved to set it down on the end table next to my recliner.
It was at that point that I discovered that the lid wasn't screwed onto the cup properly, and while the lid remained in my hand, the cup decided to hand itself over to gravity, dumping 3/4s of its contents onto the waiting floor (and the speaker wires and power cords in that area).
So that was fun.

No comments: