Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wilde Thing

This picture of actress Olivia Wilde...



...whom some of you may know as Dr. Thirteen* from House**, took way too freaking long to finish.
I like certain aspects of it***, but overall I'm not happy with it - I wanted the contrast between the simple flat color of the hair and dress and the more detailed shading of her skin to "pop" a little more than it does - but, I am, quite frankly, sick of looking at it after working on it for three days.
So there you go.

*Not to be confused with Dr. Thirteen, the Ghostbreaker from the comics.
**And some of you, or at least those of you who are Scott, will be interested to know that she's in Tron 2.
***In particular, oddly enough, her teeth.

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Mmmm, Tron 2.

Also, you are proving the "you are your own worst critic" axiom here. I think the black and flesh contrast quite a bit. Maybe a darker background would accentuate it more, but then you might lose the outside line definition from her hair and dress, so I don't know.