Monday, May 24, 2010

This

Any regular reader of Threshold who pays attention - though I think that with a description like that we're getting into the realm of Cryptozoology - has likely noticed that I frequently post pictures in which I talk about how I'm viewing the end result as a failure - even if I think the picture looks good - because I've once again failed to render an image in the style I was shooting for.
If you've ever cared enough to wonder - and now we're veering into straight-up fiction and fairy tales - what that elusive style is that I'm talking about, I give you an answer: this.
Not so much in terms of the line work, but rather in terms of the shading.

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

That's pretty good shading. I agree with the line work. Actually, he just doesn't look very good in general, kinda haggard. But still, the shading is impressive. I still think many of your works are just as good, though.