Sunday, November 15, 2009

Taking A Break From Writing...To Do Some Writing

Blog? Bbbbbblllllllloooooogggggg. Hmmm....nope, I don't have one of those.
Oh, wait, yes I do.
I managed to get past 38,000 words in my novel last night, and the goal was to get to 40,000 by the end of the weekend, so it's looking like I'm in pretty good shape, so I thought I'd check in here, take a look around, and see how things are going.
*Crickets*
Yep, just how I left it.
Not much going on in my life besides work, sleep, and noveling. I'll be humble; I've pretty much been kicking ass on the novel-writing as far as the word count goes, at least. Ah, the advantages of not having a life.
Work has been, as it has a tendency to be, work. Nothing especially new or exciting going on there.
The problems that Munin had with Windows 7, I learned, were due to chipset drivers. Microsoft has since issued a hotfix for it, and that seems to have done the trick, at least as far as the USB external drive issue goes. I haven't tried using the wireless adapter to see if that problem was fixed, as I kind of like having the higher speeds of the powerline adapter.
Still, I would like to hook up the Blu-ray player and my media extender to the network via a powerline adapter, and so far I haven't found a place that sells individual adapters, just the two adapter sets, so I may end up going back to wireless on Munin.
We'll see.
And that's pretty much it.
Today is, of course, laundry day, and I do have to engage in some amount of writing to hit my word count target, so I guess I'll get back to it.

No comments: