Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Random Day Off

I had planned on taking the day off from work yesterday because...well, just because.
However, when I left work on Friday I realized that I hadn't actually bothered mentioning that to anyone, so yesterday morning found me getting up at the usual time and heading in to work.
However, while I was there I looked at my calendar for today and saw that it was reasonably clear and so I decided that I would take today off...and this time I actually got the okay to do so.
I tried to sleep in as late as possible, but I seemed to max out at a bit after 10. Once I got up I did some sitting around doing nothing, then decided to venture out into the world.
Ever since I bought the house I've wanted to pick up a drafting table so that I'd have a workspace for drawing the old-fashioned way, but my half-assed searches for local places that sold them hadn't turned up any results, and while I found some good deals online, the shipping would add too much to the cost and the overall hassle.
The other day I posted a Facebook status asking if anyone knoew of a place in or around Leesburg that sold one. Casey responded with a place that has locations in several nearby places, so today I decided to check out the one in Sterling.
Since I was headed that way I stopped at Wal-Mart, which is in the process of becoming a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Nothing is where I remember it, so I wandered around aimlessly for a while before finding the handful of things I needed from there.
After that I stopped at the place that sells drafting tables, only to find that the location in Chantilly is the only one that actually sells supplies; all the the other locations are print shops.
So it was off to Chantilly, where I found a reasonable deal on a complete drafting set (table, chair, lamp), bought it, loaded it up in the car, and headed back up towards Leesburg.
Along the way I stopped at the comic shop to buy some drawer boxes. They didn't have enough in the store, and didn't have the anchor dealies that help keep them stable when you satck them, so the guy working there put in an order from their warehouse and they'll be in when I stop by on Saturday to pick up my weekly stash.
Speaking of comics, here are some pictures showing the current state of my collection:


All of these boxes are full of bagged and boarded (but disorganized) comics.


I don't currently have enough boxes to hold everything, so here are the remaining bagged and boarded comics waiting to be stashed somewhere.


And here's what's left to be bagged and boarded. Since I took these pictures, I have bagged and boarded some more, so currently the stack on the left has been bagged and boarded and added to the stacks in the picture above, leaving only the stack on the right.


Here's the new drafting table. I don't think this is where it's going to be permanently located, but I didn't have the energy to rearrange things.

And that's pretty much all I did with my random day off.

No comments: