Saturday, September 26, 2009

Boxed In

As can be seen in the picture below, I picked up my drawer boxes from the comic shop today:



Even with the cost of this week's comics, after my discount I ended up paying almost ten bucks less than it would have cost to buy them directly from the site and have them shipped.
Now I have to go about filling them up, which means organizing my comics, and, honestly, I have no idea how to go about approaching that task.
I mean, I'm going to go with a straightforard alphabetical order, but, from a strategic perspective, how do I go about getting thousands of comics into alphabetical order?
I knew that Action Comics and Adventures of Superman would pretty much take up their own box, and would actually be the starting point, so it was easy enough to separate those out from the masses, but when I've got titles ranging from Air to Zero Hour, what approach do I take?
Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out.
Last week, as mentioned here, while bagging and boarding my comics I noticed that I had an issue of Adventures of Superman with a missing back cover, so I went through a lot of bother trying to order a replacement while simultaneously filling in the gaps in my collection of Action.
The comics I ordered arrived today, which was cool. However, while I was separating out Adventures and Action I discovered that at some other point I must have noticed the missing back cover on that issue of Adventures and ordered a replacement, as I had another undamaged copy of it already in my collection. D'oh! This is why I need to have my collection organized.
Apart from picking up my comics and my boxes, I got a haircut and did some grocery shopping while I was out in the world.
So that was exciting.
After I got home and put the groceries away I hauled all of the drawer boxes upstairs, briefly considered using them to build a fort, and then got to work on digging through the old longboxes - by the way, does anyone need a bunch of longboxes? - and separating out Adventures and Action.
And that's pretty much been my day so far.

2 comments:

lbugsh2 said...

ahh to bad you did not go for the fort.

Merlin T Wizard said...

Yeah, you have enough boxes you could even build in a little window or something to fire volleys of worthless comics at the invading hordes.