Friday, June 19, 2009

New Digs

Some shots of my new Monday through Friday* home:







So far I guess it's a'ight. I mean, a cube is a cube. I do like that the "walls" are taller than the ones in the old building, but I don't like that my back is to the entrance.
Overall the new building is pretty nice.
My car's guidance system didn't know where it was, exactly, as it's new construction, but it wasn't hard to find.
The unfinished elevator is kind of fun:



Also, the elevators talk, and the way they say "Going down" reminds me of that old DSL commercial with the computer telling the guy, "You have reached the end of the Internet. Please go back...now."
Further, the way they say "Lobby" reminds me of the beginning of one of the greatest songs known to man: "Lovely," by Suicidal Tendencies.
(Screwed up people everywhere, but I ain't got time to care, I feel lovely)
After half a day here I've finally managed to figure out where I am in relation to things like the bathroom and the elevators, so that's a plus.

*Said like Samuel L. "Mutha Fuckin'" Jackson in the edited for TV broadcast of Snakes on a Plane: "That's it! I have had it with these monkey-fightin' snakes on this Monday through Friday plane!"

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

So, got much monkey-fighting going on over there?