Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good News, Bad News (But Mostly Good News)

I headed to the Mazda dealership today to check out the car I was interested in.
The bad news is that the particular one I wanted wasn’t actually for sale, despite being listed on their Web site.
The good news is that they can order one just like it, in the color that I actually want.
I wasn’t really expecting to drive away with a new car today anyway, as I’m waiting on the insurance check for the down payment, so it really wasn’t a big deal that they didn’t have one in stock that I wanted to buy.
I did take a test drive, though, and I have to say that it was pretty damn sweet. Fast, responsive, comfortable, and pretty much superior to my old car in every way.
I’m not sure how long it’ll take for me to get the insurance check. This morning I mailed them the title, a paper signing over power of attorney for the car, and the key.
Well, eventually I mailed the key.
For whatever reason I hadn’t sealed the envelope before going to the Postal Connections store. I sealed it up when I got there, paid to have it express mailed, then walked over to the comic shop to pick up my comics. When I got back to the car I found that the key had, naturally, fallen out of the unsealed envelope, so I had to go back to the Postal Connections store to have it added in.
And that was pretty much the excitement for today.

No comments: