Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Changing Into A Boy

If my sister Kim is my favorite April Fool, then my brother Brad must be my most "taxing" sibling, as today - Tax Day - is his birthday.
Speaking of birthdays, Scott and Stacy took me out to dinnger for my birthday yesterday.
Where we went was up to me, and because I lack imagination, I opted for Red Robin, simply because I like it, but for some reason seldom eat there. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the last time I was there was when I went there for my birthday last year.
Before going in, I told them not to mention that it was my birthday because A. I didn't feel like being sung to and B. You don't get much of anything out of it other than the annoying singing and a free sundae.
I would have added C. And it's not really my birthday today, but it didn't take that much effort to convince them.
Anyway, on to the important stuff, which is to say presents:


I now have another statue - Zatanna - in my collection of Women of the DC Universe.



I'm not sure that there's any particular significance to issue 23 of Action Comics, but either way the shirt is pretty damn cool.

And finally, the Transformers card they gave me is itself a Transformer, turning from card to diorama:







Yes, that's right; I'm changing into a boy. A creaky-boned, curmudgeonly boy.
Thanks Scott, Stacy, and family!
I know I've been slacking a lot with the entries of late, but...well, there's really no "but" involved. I've been slacking and that will probably continue, but I thought I should at least mention my birthday dinner and gifts.

No comments: