Monday, March 09, 2009

Ow

That hurt.
For as long as I've known they've existed, I've wanted a Wacom Cintiq.
Actually, I've wanted one since before I even knew they existed, or at least I often imagined having something like it that allows me to draw directly on the computer screen.
I wasn't sure, though, that there would ever come a day on which I could afford one.
That day has since come.
But man, that was painful.
I did save a little money by ordering it from Amazon, though at that level a savings of $40 doesn't really seem like that much consolation. Okay, I saved even more than that by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime, allowing me to get 1 Day shipping for four bucks.
But even so.
I'm going to enjoy it immensely, and, as Scott once said, I'll "use the hell out of it."
But even so.
That was damn near a mortgage payment.
I don't have the buyer's remorse, but I am feeling the buyer's sting.
Still...yay!

3 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Congrats!

I challenge you to handwrite your first post after you get it.

Jon Maki said...

The real challenge lies in getting the handwriting recognition software to decipher my serial killer-style scrawl.

Merlin T Wizard said...

Yeah, but once you post, we'll have a handy easy-to-retrieve record of your handwriting. That way, when you do go off the deep end, we'll be able to match it up with the disturbing notes you trail in your wake.