Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It Pays To Be A Pessimist

I left home this morning operating on the assumption that my drive was going to suck.
After all, it had snowed yesterday, and there would undoubtedly be massive amounts of people streaming into DC from all over the area for the inauguration.
Turns out I was wrong. In fact, this morning's drive was one of the most pleasant, frustration-free commutes I've ever had.
So color me pleasantly surprised, in a way that I wouldn't have been if I'd not been expecting the worst.
(One could argue that if I'd been optimistic I would have been rewarded for my optimism by having things work out well. I wouldn't argue that, and, in fact, would ignore anyone who did.)
I'm guessing that everyone else had assumed that the drive was going to suck today as well and decided to stay home, thus making traffic extremely light.

No comments: