Sunday, December 21, 2008

Because I'm Just That Awesome

I didn't go grocery shopping yesterday because...well, because. After my furniture got delivered I just didn't feel like venturing out into the world.
To break in my recliner, I finally got around to watching The Dark Knight on Blu-ray. The movie is just as awesome on its third viewing.
In any case, after talking to my mother this morning I ventured out to do my grocery shopping and to gas up the car. Usually on Saturdays and Sundays there's a "noon rush" at the gas station that forces me to circle around a couple of times in search of an open pump.
That wasn't the case today; almost all of the pumps were open. The rush arrived after I'd already started gassing up. So I actually beat the rush. Not sure how that happened.
When I got home I had several e-mails from - *gasp!* - a Heroic Portraits customer. Lucky number two!
It's someone I know, who will remain nameless for now, as the Portrait is a Christmas present for someone, and though there's almost no chance of the recipient reading this, I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.
This mysterious customer actually contacted me about it last week, and when I didn't hear anything more I figured that the deal was off. However, today I got the reference images and a little more information.
I wanted to make a quick turnaround, so I got to work on it right away, and actually managed to finish it in under 6 hours, while also managing to do the laundry and feed myself. How is that possible? I'm just that awesome.
I've sent a proof off for approval/disapproval, and I supplse we'll find out then whether I'm as awesome as I think I am...

No comments: