Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Good Day To Be A Hermit

So we’ve been getting hit pretty hard with rain all day.
I ventured out into the world briefly this morning to pick up a couple of things, and considered finally getting a haircut, but everyone was in “ZOMG! It’s the end of the world!” panic mode, so I decided that my standard hermit behavior was the best approach to riding the storm out and headed home.
I got a text message from Stacy inviting me over for dinner tonight, but unless the rain stops – which it doesn’t seem as though it intends to do anytime soon – I think I’m going to have to pass.
I don’t want to be on the road with the panicky masses.
Other than that, not much has been going on. I’ve been trying to repair some damaged jpegs that I managed to undelete from one of my drives, but so far I’ve had no luck. I’ve tried a bunch of programs designed to repair damaged jpegs, but I’m not sure what the makers of the programs mean by “damaged,” as not one of them has been able to repair any of my damaged jpegs.
Apparently you can, conceivably, use a hex editor to maybe kinda-sorta repair damaged jpegs, but so far I’ve been unable to find any instructions as to how to go about doing that.
Oh well.
It seems like the rain is actually getting worse, and the wind is starting to pick up, so I guess it’s a good day for my natural inclination to be a hermit.

No comments: