Saturday, September 13, 2008

And The Reason For The Struggle Is...?

Shortly after I got home yesterday I decided to take a nap. I woke up around 6 and thought, “I’ll give it another hour,” and went back to sleep, waking again, to my dismay, at nearly 8.
It’s not like I would have done anything worthwhile or exciting with the time, but I was annoyed to have slept so late.
Once I got up I gave my brother-in-law Dean a call to see how he’s doing. He seems to be doing okay, though the prospect of being laid up and unable to do anything for an extended period isn’t seeming very attractive to him.
That would appear to be a point on which our thinking differs.
As I was wrapping up the call I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything in over seven hours, I heated up a pizza and sat down and watched an episode of Monk.
After that it was several hours of doing nothing in particular, engaging in some random Web surfing and watching bits and pieces of different Riff Trax movies, as I didn’t really have the patience to sit and watch one in its entirety.
Today I went out and finally got around to getting a haircut, though once again not as short as I would have liked. I didn’t say anything because she had already put gel in my hair – without asking – and slicked it all back before showing me the results, so it wasn’t immediately apparent that it wasn’t short enough.
At least the sides and back are short, though, so I guess I can live with it.
And I can’t complain too much, as the place was pretty deserted, so I didn’t have to wait at all before getting my haircut.
After that I gassed up the car and went grocery shopping. It was exactly as exciting as it sounds.
Now I think I’ll spend my time struggling to stay awake and trying to come up with a reason to struggle.

No comments: