Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Whole Lot Of Nothing

Today involved doing a whole lot of nothing, but finding that time managed to fly pretty quickly even though I wasn’t having any fun.
I woke up at 11:30 – I can’t remember the last time I slept that late – did a little bit of nothing in particular, had something to eat, then, after doing some more nothing in particular, looked at the clock and noticed that it was almost 3. When I looked again, it was 6, and I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything since noon, so I took care of that.
Then I noticed that I was out of paper towels and decided that getting some would give me a reason to venture out into the world, which I needed to do before I ended up developing agoraphobia. When I had four days off every week when I worked at AOL I learned that I started getting a little squirrely and anxious about leaving the house (okay, squirrelier and more anxious about leaving the house) if I stayed holed up for more than three days.
So I finally got around to taking a shower, got dressed, and went to Target. This time I remembered to bring the battery from the doorbell remote for comparison, and found the correct battery, though I didn’t remember to bring those other incorrect batteries I bought with me to exchange them.
Oh well.
In any case, I once again, pointlessly, have a working doorbell. So at least I accomplished something today.
I’ve actually been spending most of my time watching more Riff Trax movies, at least when I’m not just idly surfing the Web or wandering aimlessly around the house.
While I was at Target I also picked up some more squirrel poison, as it turns out that the creature in my backyard is not a squirrel-eating badger, but rather a vegetation-eating groundhog. Of course, it’s possible I no longer have a groundhog, as I noted that one of the trays that formerly held squirrel poison was lying empty right by the hole the groundhog had been coming in and out of. On Friday there were a bunch of squirrels congregating in my yard, so I figured I should stock up on special treats for them.
I’d thought about taking a walk around the neighborhood to see if there were any yard sales going on, but in all the excitement of doing nothing I forgot. Maybe tomorrow.
In any case, that’s pretty much all there is to report.

No comments: