Friday, August 15, 2008

The Swinging Bachelor Lifestyle

When I got home from work today I was tired and I had a headache, so I took a nap.
Three hours later I woke up and I was still tired and still had a headache.
I sat around and did nothing in particular for a while, had two bowls of Golden Grahams for dinner, then watched a movie.
It will actually be my last Netflix movie, as my gift subscription expires in a few days, and I don’t see it as adding enough value for me to actually pay for it every month. It was a good way to see movies that I kinda-sorta wanted to see, but didn’t want to pay for, but if I’m going to have to pay to see them, meh.
The particular movie I watched tonight was Lars and the Real Girl, and I actually really liked it. I thought it would be kind of amusing, which it was, but I didn’t expect it to be as sad, and touching, and, well, poignant as it turned out to be.
I can’t really recommend it to everyone, but as a quiet, lonely, isolated weirdo it was interesting to watch a movie about someone even quieter, lonelier, and more isolated and weird.
But if you don’t have the same capacity to relate to the plight of the titular Lars that I do, you might just think it’s weird. Which it is, but I think it’s weird in a good way.
Anyway, that’s been my Friday. I hope the adrenaline rush that no doubt accompanied reading about my exciting adventures wasn’t too much for you.

No comments: