Friday, August 01, 2008

Red Kryptonite Post

There are a lot of features that are popular with other bloggers that I don’t make use of here, such as interesting, engaging content that appeals to a wide audience and keeps people coming back for more, and, more to the point, lists.
Lists are all over the blogosphere, and while many people complain about their ubiquity, they clearly have an appeal that is undeniable.
Some people could argue that, like Red Kryptonite in Silver Age Superman stories, lists are a lazy gimmick that bloggers use when they can’t come up with any ideas for actual blog posts, yet if you were to read a letter page from a Silver Age comic, you would see that there was always a demand for more Red K stories, and so it is today with lists.
Even so, I would never be so lazy as to post something as hacky as a list.
Nope, I’d just post a link to someone else’s list: 8 People Who Will Ruin Your Party.
Okay, the reason I posted this link is not (just) that I’m too lazy to come up with a real entry, it’s to point out that, while my backstory would be different from the one provided in the example, I am clearly a classic Number 6.
Also, it sets me up to post a link to another entertaining entry on the site: Highlights Magazine: The Evil Version.
I found that one especially entertaining because when I was a kid I used to have a huge stack of Highlights, though I don’t remember why or where they came from.
(Where did they come from, mom?)
Anyway, that will do it for my lazy, Red K post. Just be thankful that you didn’t end up transformed into an ant-headed version of yourself or anything like that.

No comments: