Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Exciting Friday Night

When I got home this afternoon I did what I’d wanted to do since I got out of bed this morning: got back into bed.
I dozed for about an hour and half, during which time I had stressful dreams about being stuck in traffic and finding that my brakes weren’t working properly.
So that was fun.
After I got up I did the usual amount of nothing in particular for a while, then eventually made dinner.
The other day I saw that the old George Lucas pre-Star Wars science fiction movie THX 1138 was on HDNet Movies, so I decided to record it, and just finished watching it a little while ago.
It was…odd.
And also kind of interesting; there were a lot of visual and audio elements that were clearly re-used in the Star Wars movies.
Interestingly, there was also a scene that featured some audio that’s used in the Nine Inch Nails song Mr. Self Destruct.
And of course the music featured the sound used in the THX audio identification at the beginning of movies recorded with the similarly-named THX audio system.
Other than that, the day has been pretty uneventful, which should come as a surprise to no one.

No comments: