Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Is How I (Blog) Roll

So I tried to add a fancy, newfangled blog roll like the one Scott has on his blog, but when I went to edit my Blogger template I found that I don’t actually have the option of adding new page elements.
I’m not sure what’s up with that, but the end result is that you’re going to have to stick to just clicking on old school links if you want to get to other blogs.
But why would you want to do that, anyway? What, Threshold isn’t good enough for you?
Oh, so sorry; I didn’t know you were such a blog connoisseur. Oo la la, look at the blog snob!
You know what, fine. Just click away. Who wants you here anyway? I don’t need you! I don’t need anyone!
*Cough*
Umm…sorry about that, but you know I’m not great at handling rejection, or even the perception of rejection, and sometimes I can be a little needy and end up lashing out and pushing away the people I actually want to have stick around.
Umm…*Cough* again
(Let’s all pretend like we didn’t just get an uncomfortable insight into Jon’s psyche, shall we?)
Where was I? Oh, right, the blog roll thing.
Anyway, at first I thought my template issue might be an Internet Explorer issue, so I decided to download Firefox to see if that made a difference (it didn’t).
I think it’s obvious that I really don’t care about the lingering browser wars. I use IE not because it somehow matches my browser ideology, but simply because it’s there and I don’t have a browser ideology.
In any case, for as wonderful as those who do have such an ideology seem to think Firefox is, I feel I should mention that upon launching Firefox after installing it, the very first thing it did was crash.
Immediately upon being launched again it complained about needing the Flash plug-in, then failed to actually install it automatically, leading me to have to manually install it (which required actually closing Firefox). This was made more frustrating by the fact that I just installed a new version of Flash on my computer yesterday.
So, if I did have a browser ideology…well, I think you can figure out what it would be.
Not much else going on today. Looks like clicking one of those links and heading to another blog might not be such a bad idea after all.

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Why is it that when I read that post, I half expected you to go into the old Ike Turner rage.

::SMACK::
Oh baby, I'm sorry. Why you gotta make me hurt you?