Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rainy Sunnday Entry

I neglected to mention in my Mother’s Day post that today is also my nephew Jacob’s birthday, so join me in wishing him a happy 8th birthday.
Last night I stayed up late watching Bender’s Big Score, the first direct-to-DVD release of new episodes of Furturama.
I’d describe it as being a bit uneven. Not terrible, but very little in the way of laugh out loud moments.
I slept rather fitfully through the night for whatever reason, finally getting up around 9:30. After calling my mom and sitting around for a while, I got dressed and, remembering that looking for speakers/speaker stands was my secondary objective in going to Best Buy yesterday and that I’d totally forgotten my primary one, I headed out to attend to that.
My primary objective was to pick up a couple of 3 foot HDMI cables to replace the existing 6 foot cables in an effort to alleviate some of the tangled mess behind my home theater.
After doing that I swung by Quizno’s to pick up some breakfast/lunch, and headed home, where I eventually started working on another picture, though it’s pissing me off even more than yesterday’s did, so I’m not sure when/if I’ll finish it.
I also did the laundry, so that’s always exciting.
I’ll be getting my new blinds installed on Thursday.
Most of them, anyway.
The fancy, space-age fabric one that I ordered for my bedroom is on backorder, as the color I chose – “Caramel Entice” I believe it’s called – is extremely popular.
Who would have thought that I would have picked something popular?

No comments: