Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mow, Mow, Mow, How Do You Like Me, How Do You Like Me?

So it stopped raining today and the sun came out long enough to dry things up sufficiently that I was able to mow my lawn when I got home from work.
The mower works pretty well, and I was surprised that the 100' extension cord was long enough to allow me mow my entire front yard while plugged into the outside outlet on the back of the house.
Of course, I can't help but think that Jon + device with spinning blades attached to an extension cord = flirting with disaster, but I did manage to avoid any incidents.
Well, except for causing a circuit breaker to trip a couple of times, as it seems there is an inordinate number of outlets (living room, part of the kitchen, all the upstairs rooms) on the same circuit that the outside outlets are on.
I wasn't sure if it would clear up today or not, so I didn't put the batteries for the weed whacker and hedge trimmer charging yesterday, so that'll have to wait until tomorrow.
After finishing the yard I was feeling pretty manly and decided that I should grill something, so I went to the store, all nasty and dripping with sweat, to pick up some Polish sausage.
I definitely need some practice with the grilling skills.
And that was my big excitement for the day.
Tomorrow's excitement will be the stiffness and pain that will result from today's excitement.

No comments: