Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mac Vs. PC

These videos feature music created using the built-in sounds of Windows (98 and XP) and the Mac OS (not sure which version).
First, the Windows sounds:



And now the Mac sounds:



Personally, and I think I say this without bias, I think the Windows version is cooler, though that really has more to do with the amount of work put into it by the people who made the clips than anything else.
Is there a Linux version out there anywhere? (Too lazy to look for myself)

Found via Dvorak.org

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

I don't know of a Linux version, but your post prompted me to look up this oldie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpZ2wPvXwY.

It's been around for a loooong time. I believe it was made using Windows 95, but I could be wrong.

I believe it's the most impressive of the bunch because the guy actually made it seem like the sound recorders on the screen were making the music. It's not quite as melodious as the Win XP one, but it's fun to watch.