Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What Next?

I got an e-mail today informing me that my friend "Zalfiro," whose real name is Jonathan Betts, is missing.
His car had been abandoned for three days before being checked out by the police. An investigation led to his apartment where police found a suicide note.
He had also sent a timed e-mail to a friend telling him to stop by his place when he got a chance and that when he did so "everything would be explained."
Suicide was something he talked about for as long as I knew him, but he did so in fairly abstract terms, even as he talked about specific plans, and I suppose I just never really took them too seriously. Certainly he'd given no indication to me that he was planning something anytime soon.
I'm holding out hope that he'll turn up okay, but that hope is pretty slim.

No comments: