Friday, October 13, 2006

My Dad

I haven't spoken to my mother yet today, but she called my brother who informed me that my dad had a massive heart attack.
They believe that he is brain dead, but are waiting for a neurologist to confirm that.
My brother will be flying out of Rhode Island at around the same time that I'm flying out of Dulles. We'll actually be on the same flight out of Detroit, and should be in Marquette by 9:30.
Kathleen is giving me a ride to the airport and stopped in this morning to check up on me.
There are so many things I need to do right now.
I feel numb.
The one consolation I have in all of this is that I have no doubt that my dad knows how much I love him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jon...I'm so very sorry to hear about this. PLease know that you and your family will be in my thoughts.