Saturday, September 14, 2013

Neglect

Why yes, I have been neglecting this blog.  Thanks for noticing.
What?  You hadn't noticed?
Oh.
Anyway, I've been having some keyboard issues on my primary computer of late.  It may or may not be related to the wireless connection, or it may or may not be a driver issue.
Basically, after I type about a sentence worth of text the keyboard decides that it needs to take a break.
When it comes back from break, it will register some - but not all - of the keystrokes I made while it was on break, will duplicate some of them, and also add some weird spacing, so I might end up with something on the screen that looks like thisssss o r ths.
Even before it goes on break it will just skp sme f th lettrs I tpe.
There's also a considerable lag at times which will lead it to just put a burst of some of the keystrokes on the screen - generally minus any spaces - after a second or so likethisexamplehere.
It doesn't appear to be the keyboard itself, as I have two keyboards hooked up to my system (one is for using hotkeys while I'm working on the Cintiq), and it happens with both of them.
And having two keyboards hooked up isn't the problem, as removing one doesn't make a difference.
I'm suspecting a driver problem, as they are both made by the same company - Microsoft - and use a common driver.
Eventually I might try hooking up a wired keyboard - from another manufacturer - but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
Thus, given what a pain it is to try to type, I've been neglecting my blog in the meantime.
So now you know (though you probably didn't care).

No comments: