Saturday, October 20, 2012

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is?

As I've mentioned/complained about many times before, whenever people see my artwork I'm greeted with some variation of, "You're in the wrong line of work."
Given that I actually make money in the line of work I'm in - far, far more than I've ever made, or likely ever will make - from my artwork, I have to dispute that claim.
After all, most of my work isn't exactly original, consisting of me merely drawing/painting my own version of a photograph of a famous or semi-famous person that someone else took, so my ability to profit from them is dubious at best, given the issue of copyright and whatnot.
However, as mentioned some time back, as a going away/housewarming present for my (former) boss, I took some pictures of her to use as references for a series of portraits.
While the final collage of (seven) portraits is going to be one-of-a-kind and will serve its intended purpose as a gift to her, I actually own the copyright on the images, and have her permission to do with them what I will, so with that in mind, I'm going to give this whole "making money" thing a shot with one of my favorites of the series:


Photography Prints


So here's your chance to prove me wrong about the validity of my life choices and the correctness of my existing line of work, and buy a pretty picture of a pretty lady.
There are also prints available via my Zazzle store, though I'll make more money if you buy from the site linked above...

No comments: