Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The World Isn't Ready

I went clothes shopping the other day, and as I wandered through the menswear section I found myself continually looking like this:

ಠ_ಠ

This was in part because I just generally hate buying clothes - it's money that could be better spent on comics or gadgets - but mostly because my sensibilities were offended by the gaudy array of pastels and otherwise garish colors, and the near-impossibility of finding anything my size that even approached being acceptable.
At one point I found myself completely stopped in my tracks by the sight of red pants.
Red.
Pants.
Unless you're a member of a Loverboy tribute band - and you're wearing them for a paying gig - I can't see any earthly reason why any man would ever buy red pants.
On Monday I was telling Dan about this, and he suggested that I should have bought them.
I countered that wearing the pants would require some additional wardrobe adjustments and equally dodgy sartorial choices:

Yes, the power of the pants would make me blond again.

Somehow I just don't think the world is ready for it.

1 comment:

lbugsh2 said...

You know you could skip the pants and use the bottle to make you blond again. Just saying.