Monday, January 24, 2011

Late (Or Really Early) Holiday Cheer

On Christmas I sent a holiday-themed picture to the always lovely Nadia.
Given that, unlike me, most people have lives, it took her a while to get back to me.
I don't like to post pictures I've done of people until I've gotten a response, so here, almost a month later, is the picture in question:



On a less cheerful note, last week when we had a bit of an ice storm I ended up skidding my way into a curb when I was going in to work. Initially it didn't appear to have done any damage, but some time later I started noticing an odd noise when I was driving, though I didn't notice any issues with how it handled. So I thought that maybe it was just my imagination, or it was something that had been there all along and I was just now noticing it. Still, I really didn't like the sound of it.
I'd taken today off to go out and do some of what I call "weekday stuff" and brought my car in to the dealership to get it checked out.
Turns out I wrecked the hub and bearing on one of the wheels. Fortunately, it won't take long to fix, though I'll probably end up paying the costs upfront and getting reimbursed by my insurance, since I just now filed the claim after finding out about the damage. I didn't want to file a claim if there wasn't anything actually wrong with it, after all.
As an added bonus, I seem to be getting sick. Heaviness in the chest with a cough, a headache and runny nose, and shortness of breath. In fact, just carrying the box o' stuff I got from Costco (going to Costco falls under the heading of "weekday stuff") from the rental car to my door left me gasping for air.
I'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow if I'm not feeling any better.

1 comment:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Welcome to the club. I've been out for the past couple of days.

Great job on the Nadia picture, btw.