Thursday, December 30, 2010

Checking The Checklist

As Thursday rolls into Friday, we approach what is the second-most hated point for me when it comes to having time off: my regular time off.
By the afternoon I'll be into what would, at most any other point in the year, be just a normal weekend. It's no longer a vacation once you're into your weekend as far as I'm concerned.
(It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: the most hated point for me when it comes to time off is when the time off ends completely.)
In any case, as I approached my time off, I had a mental checklist of things I wanted to accomplish. Let's see how I did:

Checked:
Get the car washed
Move the files from my various external hard drives to my new Home Server
Sit around doing nothing in particular

Unchecked:
Draw - or at least work on - one new picture every day
Do some work on the Heroic Portraits site
Do some work on an entirely new site*
Organize and archive my comics
Move the files from my various CDs and DVDs to my new Home Server
Quit smoking
Figure out what the hell it is I'm doing with my life and what the hell it is I want to do with my life

Partially Checked:
Get back into a regular workout routine

If you're not at all surprised by the fact that so few things were checked off, you should at least be surprised by the fact that anything other than "Sit around doing nothing in particular" was checked off.

*Are details forthcoming? Maybe. We'll see if I actually get around to doing any work on it.

No comments: