Friday, September 10, 2010

It Was Worth It

After I did this picture, I ended up getting in touch with the lovely lady named Nadia who appeared in the original photo, and have since been working on new paintings using photos she has kindly provided me.
The first one can be seen below:



I'm not entirely happy with this one - which is in no way a slight against Nadia - as the shadows in the original kind of washed out the details of her face, and I was forced to try to compensate using my questionable talents. Still, it's not bad, and is worth sharing, I think.
However, I felt like I had something to make up for when I approached the next painting, so I devoted a lot of time and a lot of effort into making it as perfect as possible:


(From a photo by April Belle Photos)

I think I did okay, and that the effort was worth it. How about you?

2 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Fantastic, just fantastic. You outdid yourself on this one.

Renee said...

This one is just awesome Jon!