Thursday, June 03, 2010

Ladies Of The Legion Part 1

Inspired by a few things, most notably the first issue of Legion of Super-Heroes written by Paul Levitz, my favorite Legion writer, I've been feeling kind of nostalgic for some of the comics of my youth.
So I ordered a bunch of old comics, including an old Legion mini-series.
As part of that wave of nostalgia, I've decided to do a series of pictures of the Ladies of the Legion.
So I give you the first in an I-don't-know-how-many-part series of images based on the distaff members of the Legion: Shadow Lass.



I've always found Shadow Lass - AKA Tasmia Mallor of Talock VIII - whose power is to generate impenetrable darkness, to be the sexiest Legionnaire (it's the blue skin that does it, I think).

6 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Blue skin certainly doesn't hurt, but I think it's the lack of clothes in this picture that really does it.

Jon Maki said...

Well, yeah, but what I meant was, even when she's fully-clothed - even in the days when she had the buzz cut hairdo and costume that covered her entire body - I found her sexier than say, Dream Girl, or Princess Projectra.
Of course, no one can compare to Triplicate Lass/Duo Damsel, but among Legionnaires who can't literally double or triple their sexiness, Shadow Lass was my favorite.

Jon Maki said...

And of course I was a fan of the Reboot version - Umbra - who wore that barely-there costume.

Merlin T Wizard said...

You mean something like THIS?

Jon Maki said...

Well, that's actually the classic version - designed by either Cockrum or Grell - and I'm definitely a fan, but the Umbra costume was actually two pieces, and was skimpier about the bottom. This is the only shot I can find.
Ultimately, I prefer the one you linked to, though.

Merlin T Wizard said...

Nice crotch spread on that one, jeez.