Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Randomness

When I get home from work on Monday usually the first thing I do is pick up the garbage can fron the curb and haul it back behind the house.
However, when I got home yesterday the garbage can was nowhere to be found.
I got out of the car, looked around, saw a garbage can across the street over in the area where people usually haul larger things (couches, etc.) to be picked up, went over to check it out, concluded that it wasn't mine, and that even if it were the lid was missing, and then began to wonder where the hell my garbage can had disappeared to.
Then a thought occurred to me, so I went to the back of the house to find that, in fact, I'd never actually put my garbage out on Sunday night.

*****

I had to stop somewhere to pick up a few things yesterday and specifically decided to go to Target because there were two particular items I wanted to get, and I knew that Target sells them. The first item was a package of Entemann's frosted donuts.
They were sold out.
The next item was some Vitamin Water Energy. Fully-stocked with every kind of Vitamin Water except Energy.
Stupid Universe.

*****

I had two temporay crowns put in yesterday, and am without my bottom plate until next Tuesday when the permanent crowns arrive and my plate, which was shipped off to the lab with the mold of my teeth arrives with them, so for a week I'll be living with my award-losing smile.

*****

A Conversation At Work:
Dan: (Talking about a co-worker who constantly rubs people the wrong way, despite receiving a lof of coaching on how to get along with people) I know there are different personalities or whatever, but you have to learn how to work with other people. I mean, look at you; you're a grumpy old fuck. But when you go into meetings and stuff you're amicable and you know how to get along with people.
Me: True.

3 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

Ah, that Dan, what a nice fella.

Jon Maki said...

Well, technically it was a compliment.

lbugsh2 said...

If slapping someone and then saying this wont hurt that was a compliment.