Sunday, October 11, 2009

A First

I've never drawn Keira Knightley before, or rather, I've never finished a drawing of Keira Knightley before, so this is a first:



Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out - I can't say the same for the beef stew I made today (it was okay, but a little bland) - though naturally there are aspects of it that I'm not happy with.
I used a variety of ditterent techniques to make this one, relying more on gradients and selective blurring rather than brushes and paths.
However, I still didn't achieve the exact look I was going for, so it's not a total success.
Apart from working on the picture, I didn't do much today besides the laundry and making beef stew (which was, as mentioned, a little bland; I suppose the same could be said for the picture).
Yesterday I arguably did even less, venturing out to the comic shop, where I picked up two more Drawer Boxes (and ordered two more besides), and then going grocery shopping.
I was too lazy to actually bother putting any comics in the boxes.
On Friday evening I headed down to Manassas to visit Scott and Stacy, who, after being cooped up in the house for days on end with sick kids, were desperate for some company.
I think I got selected for my lack of disease-spreading or disease-receiving offspring, and because my immune system, while not as bullet-proof as it once was, is still pretty robust.
While there we watched the Riff Trax of Dragon Wars: D-War, which was atrocious (the movie, not the Riff Trax aspect).
And that pretty much covers my all-too short weekend. I would have liked to have some more time in which to not do anything in particular, but That's not going to happen. Oh well.

3 comments:

Merlin T Wizard said...

You are, of course, your worse critic. I really don't see what's not to like in the Keira Knightly pic. You had a fantastic subject and a very appealing outcome. You captured her expression perfectly.

Jon Maki said...

There's nothing actually wrong with it, it's just not quite the style I was shooting for.

Merlin T Wizard said...

You were selected because we like you. Although that movie was so dumb. and cheesy.\


This is Stacy btw not scott