Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Liked That Better

This morning at work sometime around nine I thought, "This time yesterday I was still sleeping. I liked that a lot better than this."
When I was at Scott and Stacy's for dinner on Sunday, Scott said, "I don't want to go to work tomorrow."
I agreed with that sentiment and mentioned how I'd failed to take Monday off.
When the Monday that I'd failed to take off came around, I found myself thinking, "I should call in sick," but ultimately decided against it.
When I got to work I noticed that Scott wasn't online and wondered, based on our conversation from the day before and from my own thoughts that morning, if he had come down with the same "Monday Morning Virus" that had almost led me to call in.
So when he copied me on an e-mail he'd sent out at work letting people know that he was out with a sinus infection, I replied saying, "Yeah, I almost had a 'sinus infection' myself this morning."
Later, when I saw Stacy online, I IMed her about it and learned that he really did have a sinus infection.
So when he got online this morning we had the following exchange:

Me: So I guess I was unfairly giving you a hard time about your "sinus infection."
Scott: I don't blame you.
Me: Well, more importantly, I don't blame myself.

On his boss' orders he's working from home for the rest of the week, so naturally we didn't do the Riff Trax thing tonight.
I did have some issues of my own this morning. Last night I put my contacts in and went to bed and everything was fine. However, I woke up around 4:30 to find that my face was soaking wet from my eyes watering and that my right eye felt like it was on fire.
I got up, took the lenses out, and got back into bed, only to find my stomach demanding to be fed. I said, "Fine, I'll get up and eat something, and I'd better not hear any complaints about it!"
I got up, had a bagel and a bowl of cereal, tried putting my lenses back in, took them back out, and spent about an hour lying there listening to my stomach complain. (Lousy deal-breaking stomach.)
Though it was well before the time I'd normally get up, I'd felt wide awake and thought about just staying up, but eventually I got hit with a wave of exhaustion and fell fast asleep. When my alarm went off 45 minutes later I god up feeling as tired as I should have felt when I'd firsst woken up two and a half hours earlier.
Seriously, WTF?
I also found that my eyes had decided to largely ignore the 5 and a half hours during which I'd worn my contacts and focus on the time that I'd slept without them, so my vision was blurry most of the day.
So all in all it made for a tired, cranky day. I came home and took a nap, but I'm still tired and might go to bed right this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


lbugsh2 said...

You should come over Scott can infect you too. Then you can be sick and take time off. The best part was when he went to the doctor monday at 6 pm because that was the earliest I could get and the doc said. You have a virus stay away from people. Uh huh.Sure that will work. NOT

Heimdall said...

He had his chance to infect me.